Friday, February 10, 2012

First meetup was a success. I met with 5 other people of very different backgrounds at a ski lodge in Franklin WI. Chuck Choate was holding the meetup. It was a bit unorganized but we spoke of strategies for social media and basic launching points for web based ideas.

Chuck showed us multiple online tools for marketing and finding our target audiences. It was more of a conversation than a presentation. Which I liked and disliked at the same time. I liked it because it gave us a chance to get more one on one with a leader in the profession, but then again it gave far too much time to the people who crave attention. The talkers who like to talk about themselves and waste the groups time would continue to talk, and talk..... and talk....... and talk. Nothing annoys me more than someone who lacks awareness in groups. It shows they are not considering anyone in the nearby area besides themselves. But anyway, it was a success and I look forward to the next meetup I have scheduled.

The next one is called the Socrates Cafe group.It's a philosophical group that discusses topics brought up by the members themselves. I don't really have a strong background in philosophy but hey, lets give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.



Socrates Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment