Sunday, February 12, 2012

Well I actually did not show up for the Socrates Cafe meetup, for the reason that I COULD NOT FIND IT. 

The group says it meets up in the UWM Union building..... great, so I emailed the organizer and asked where in the building this meeting took place. No answer....

I went to the Union at the right time, and walked around looking for these philosophers I was supposed to meet with. I saw no signs or directions so I just got a soft shell taco and crunch wrap supreme from Taco Bell. 

As I ate my taco I began to think, maybe this is a test. If you can find the group, then you are allowed in. Finding the group takes seeking out those who "look" like philosophers. The ability to spot like minded people is the test, or initiation into the group. Or maybe it is like the Matrix where they watch you enter, already knowing who you are, and based upon your persona, the way you walk, the way you carry yourself, is what they base their decisions off of.

So in order to find this group I must become Neo and take the red pill. Although none of this makes sense, and it was a completely ridiculous thought, it was entertaining to say the least.

I finished my tacos and exited the Union wondering where these people met. Oh well, its a weekly thing so I may be back next week. But lets move forward.......

My next meetup is on Tuesday. I have to work today and Monday so there is no chance of a meetup that I can find that concurs with my schedule. But on Tuesday, I will be meeting with the PHP Group. 

The PHP Users are a group who discuss PHP language..... actually here just read their group description.

The Milwaukee PHP Users group has two goals.
1) cultivate personal relationships between our great city's web developers

2) share best practices amongst programmers
Whether just getting into PHP, or hard core dreaming of PHP and sheep, this is the place to start.
Meetings occur every 2nd Tuesday of the month.




So that's where I'll be on Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes.
Milwaukee PHP

No comments:

Post a Comment